Section under Review and Revision.
Please contact us for more information.
BYLAWS SECTION 300: Mission-Ready Standards
There are numerous skills that are necessary for the search dog and handler team to have in order to perform competently in a given search discipline. ASARD search disciplines include wilderness, avalanche, cadaver, urban disaster, and tracking/trailing. A foundation skills checklist and the mission-ready evaluation series are used to determine if these skills are in place for a given team.
The following is a guide to help ASARD teams reach “mission-ready” or “operational” status within ASARD. It outlines how teams will be evaluated for mission readiness and the criteria used in assessing a team’s qualifications and skills. It is intended to help evaluators in conducting fair, valid and reliable evaluation series and to help teams as they prepare for mission readiness.
SECTION 300 Mission-Ready Standards:
Adopted: April 1987
Revised: November 2006
Last Revision: November 2009
- Standards – Complete Document (Sections 300-309)
(PDF document – 1.12MB)
- Sections 300-305 GENERAL GUIDELINES
(PDF document – 981 KB)
- Section 306 RE-EVALUATION CHECKLIST
(PDF document – 54 KB)
- Section 307 WILDERNESS STANDARDS
(PDF document – 63 KB)
- Section 308 AVALANCHE STANDARDS
(PDF document – 104 KB)
- Section 309 CADAVER STANDARDS
(PDF document – 64 KB)
- Section 310 URBAN DISASTER STANDARDS
- Section 311 TRACKING/TRAILING STANDARDS
(PDF document – 124 KB)